Does anyone have experience with #xbox360 ? The time has finally come and Microsoft in its eternal wisdom logged me out of my throwaway account, and of course I don't know the password or anything, since I typed it just once many years ago, and recovery doesn't work, since I no longer the phone number I used at registration. Many saves should be available on the HDD, is it possible to "transplant" them to a new fresh local profile?
WTH, in order to stop audio being choppy in Windows guest, I had to tweak some registry settings to force enable message based interrupts on the GPU's audio interface: https://vfio.blogspot.com/2014/09/vfio-interrupts-and-how-to-coax-windows.html
Anyone with Virtual Machine experience? I'm running Win10 in a QEMU/KVM setup (with VFIO passthrough for non-Steam games), but the IO is.... just.... unbearably.... slow....
I have the "boot drive" pointing to an actual disk, over the years I tried tweaking all the parameters (cache, aio, iothreads, ...) but it's just grindingly slow, rarely more than 1MB/s. And the fact that Win10 likes to do tons of background IO for updates just makes it a painful experience.
- Go through old photos and mark "good ones"
- Use a good screen from an old broken laptop and use it as a "photo frame" for the above (got to put those SBCs to good use)
- Learn a fancy modern web framework to see what the fuss is about ("how do you do fellow kids?")
- Finish any of the games in my Steam library
Things I'd love to do once I'm finally "bored" and have more than "toilet time" for myself:
- Finish building a portable speaker (I have all necessary parts except for wood and any sense for good audio engineering)
- Finish building a 4-bay 3.5" RasPI 4 based NAS (I finally have all parts, including the Radxa SATA HAT and cables and enclosure)
- Replace Linux with *BSD (FreeBSD? OpenBDS?) on my Thinkpad
My greatest life achievement this month - making sure the trains fro this intersection do not cause jams on the main railway going east-west.